Thursday, March 17, 2011

Stubborn or Persistant?


Two hours later and too much wasted paper to count, I finally finished this card!  This one was embarrassingly difficult to create.  I can't decide if I am stubborn or persistent.  I think persistence wins by just a hair today.  I'm home with my son today.  He isn't feeling well, his lymph nod is so swollen that he refuses to keep is head upright.  Poor guy.  Since I can't control his illness, I think my outlet of frustration went into perfecting this card technique while he was napping.

This is my entry to Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday #6:  Impression Plate Tricks #1.   I ran the small star from the Seeing Stars die cut collection through the die machine using thin cardboard paper (cereal box). I then placed this star behind white card stock in the lower corner and used PTI's Book Print Impression plate and ran only half of it through my Cuttlebug, This technique caused the star to "pop" from the page.  To give it a more finished look, I scored the white card stock where the impression ended (a tip in the MIM video).  The other stamps are all from PTI's Star Prints set.   

No comments:

Post a Comment