Sunday, March 6, 2011

Someday I Will Laugh About This


Happy Sunday everyone!  It is 2pm in the afternoon:

went to gym CHECK
ran errands CHECK
put child down for a nap CHECK, oh glorious CHECK
spend some time stamping CHECK (err, kind of).

My son's 3rd birthday is only a few short weeks away.  I thought I would give him some say on the theme this year so yesterday I had a bright stupid idea to take him to a party overpriced store where he could see a ton of different themes crap and then he could politely turn to me and say, "Mommy, please can I have this one?"

Unfortunately that is not at all how it turned out  After ten short painful minutes of shopping yelling at my son, my potty trained training boy decided to poop cream his pants.  This wasn't just a little poop....this was a full on messy blow out.  Luckily I had a spare pair of underwear with me but unfortunately no baby wipes.  I spent 20 minutes trying to make him, myself, and the public restroom presentable not stinky before getting ourselves the heck out of there.  The poopy underwear landed were tossed into the feminine bin of the bathroom (there was no way to carry those suckers home but I debated for a long short time).  As we were leaving running out of the bathroom the clerk looked and my son, then looked at me (at that point I was probably still beet red) and said, "ohhhh what a cute little boy". 

If only she knew!

So we left that store, came straight home, and I threw my son in a nice hot soapy bath.  Today I decided to give it another try (the card that is, not the store) and get these invites done and in the mail.  It was a real challenge not to use a single stamp in this card but I like the simple look that was created.  I whipped out my Making Memories Slice and two different design cards to make this invite.

No comments:

Post a Comment