Friday, March 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Badge


Today is my son's 3rd birthday. It is early in the morning here. Daddy and son are still sleeping. Unfortunately, our rough days have only continued for us. This is day 5 in the hospital for us. It turns out my son's lymph nod is not the problem. He has a abscess in the back of his throat that has caused a serious infection.

We are currently waiting for a CT scan this morning to be completed to see if antibiotics are working or if he will need surgery to drain it. Unfortunately, the abscess is in a location that is very difficult to pick up through the CT Scans but we are remaining optimistic that the antibiotics are helping him move in the right direction. His health has certainly improved since we have been here and all the staff here have been top notch.

I went home yesterday morning to shower, pet our four legged friends, and do a load of laundry.  While I was waiting for the laundry to finish, I thought I would quickly make my son a special little birthday badge that he can wear today.  He has been obsessed with Toy Story 1-3, so today he is going to be so excited when he sees his Sheriff Badge.

This place isn't home and it certainly wasn't in the plans to be spending his birthday this way but this experience reminds me just how fragile life is and just how lucky I am to have my little boy in my life. Everyone keeps generously asking to help us, here is what you can do for us: give hugs and kisses to your loved ones today and tell them how much you love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment