Monday, February 14, 2011

Who makes homemade Graham Crackers?

Chocolate Peanut Butter Sauce with Homemade Graham Crackers


Who in the world would make homemade graham crackers when the ones in the store are perfectly fine?  I guess that would be me (sucker)!  This was a special gift for my husband.  As part of my husband's valentine's day gift, I made him some chocolate peanut butter spread and homemade graham crackers.  To be honest, I've been dying to make him this spread for a couple weeks now ever since I saw it posted on Smitten Kitchen.

To be completely honest, I thought it a little silly to bake him some graham crackers but I'm so glad I did because they are absolutely delicious.  I was going to buy a nice loaf of bread or some boxed graham crackers but that all seemed too easy.  I found the recipe in one of my all time favorite cookbooks: Martha Stewart's Cookies, but you can also find the recipe on her website here.

Of course, I had to make the chocolate sauce look pretty (but still manly) so I used some stamps from Papertrey Ink's Just the Ticket and Tiny Treats: Valentine sets and tied them with some pretty Martha Stewart baker's twine.  I also used a piece of scrap cork board to man it up a bit more.

Of course the picture down below is the gift he gave me in return and these are quite special to me because it is only the second time in the 13 years we've been together that I have received flowers (I think the chocolate peanut butter sauce made him financial vulnerable).  These babies will be sitting on my desk till the last petal falls.

My once in every seven years flowers


No comments:

Post a Comment