Saturday, February 19, 2011

Butterfly Kisses

Butterfly Kisses: Birthday Wishes

I just love my butterfly stamps.  You know how sometimes cards are hard to make because they just don't come together very easily?  That was this card.  I really wanted to use the green patterned paper you see here from DCWV but I was having a hard time pairing it with another color.  I originally had the yellow and grey papers flipped around but the card screamed Green Bay Packers to me (being here in Wisconsin I'm probably more sensitive than most) but a simple flip of the papers did the trick!  This also goes with PTI's Make It Monday Challenge:  Vellum Sentiment Strip. 

All the stamps used in the card are from Papertrey Ink.  I used two different butterflies from the butterfly Dreams set.  The sentiment is from Everyday Button Bits.  The banner around the sentiment is from the Banner Builder set.  In addition to the stamps, I used the top note die from stamping up on the white paper and traced the grey paper a little bigger.  I used the butterfly die (the small one, I still need to buy their big one) and die cut the butterfly in yellow paper and traced the grey paper a little bigger.  I added some pretty Crystal Stickers and called it DONE.

Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment