Thursday, February 10, 2011

Stressful day

Today started out with a stressful bang.  My two year old son had a "minor" surgery today to correct his trigger thumb.  The word "minor" is funny.  For us medical dummies, the word "minor" is used to calm our fears and help us think that what is about to happen is no big deal. Wikipedia says the word minor means "not important".

No big deal? Not important?  Today was anything but and the patient was my little baby that I love more than anything (but all you parents already know and understand that). Luckily for us it appears that those medical professionals where right and he is on the happy road to recovery now.

I thought it only fitting that I start my blog about the very thing I love most: my son.  I'm about to be totally cliche but I don't care. He is my greatest gift and my best teacher.  Robert N. Munsc wrote this wonderful book that makes me cry each and every time my son asks me to read it to him.  It gets to the core of what being a parent is all about to me.  Baby, someday if you read this I want you to know,  "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be".

No comments:

Post a Comment