Thursday, October 25, 2012

Holiday Christmas Card and October Blog Hop



You can read all about Papertrey Ink's October Blog Hop here on Nicole Heady's blog.  This month's focus was on color.  To be more specific, non-traditional colors.  I love this combo she pictured on her site:
Doesn't this scream vintage to you?  We all know vintage is in right now.  She has six different color combinations listed on her website but this one spoke to me.  It has a nice warm fuzzy feeling to it, which is exactly what we all want to be feeling during the holidays.

In addition to this color combo, this card I found on Melissa's Paperie blog, gave me inspiration to create my second card in my five day series.  Look how cute her card is (notice those chevron stripes again):

  Here's how I combined the two cards into my own design:


I used several different Papertrey Ink stamp sets and dies.  I die cut a tree from blue cardstock and used the negative portion on this card along with another Christmas tree that I die cut out and stamped with green ink.  I added those those cute little red birds and framed them all behind a fabulous frames die cut from Papertrey Ink.  I love this card and I love the color combination.  I hope you agree!  See you tomorrow night!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Eircka. Love what you did with the tree and die cute on the last card so creative and very pretty. I always forget to add the birds….. and they make the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is quite stunning!!! Love the branches you have peeking from behind the polaroid, and even tucked in front of it. What a subtle difference that makes!! And using the negative die cut too ... FAN-tastic!! Oh, and the baker's twine to balance the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The positive/negative effect is stunning! Everything works on this card. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fantastic card! Wow--one of my favorites from the hop!

    ReplyDelete