Monday, March 25, 2013

Happy 5th birthday

This handsome guy turned 5 today. It was a good day. He is growing up so fast but he is still my little baby. He hates when I say that, he always corrects me by saying, "I'm not a baby, I'm a big boy". I always reply, "I know honey but you will always be my baby".
Family came over yesterday for a small party. He requested a simple cake (thank goodness because this momma is exhausted with the new baby brother and all). He requested: chocolate cake with vanilla frosting covered in sprinkles. Simple and classic. He is a pretty simple kid, I have a feeling this cake might be requested again in the future.
I surprised him today by taking him to his first movie in the theater. We saw "The Croops". He wasn't a big fan (he said it was too scary). The movie was also too loud so he had his fingers in his ears through the whole thing. I agree, the movie was painfully loud, we had the baby along so I had to cover his ears through the whole thing as well.
He got to pick the restaurant for dinner, he picked Cici's. They sang "HB" at the table for him, he liked that! When we got home I asked him a few questions, here is our Q & A:
Q: What was your favorite part of the day? A: the movie, it was cool. Why didn't we get popcorn? [he never requested any at the theater].
Q: What's your favorite color? A: black & yellow
Q: What is your favorite food? A: Mac & Cheese.
Q: favorite snack? A: pancakes.
Q: favorite movie? A: wreck it Ralph.
Q:Who is your best friend? A: mommy [not prompted I promise].
Q: What do you want to be when you grow up? A: I want to work with you in your office and get you stuff you need like books. [also not prompted, I promise].
I hope he stays a sweet momma's boy for a bit longer (like 70 more years). I love you chicken nugget with all my heart! Hugs & kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment