Saturday, February 4, 2012

U Melt My Heart


Valentine's Day is just around the corner.  Do you know what you are getting your significant other this year?  I sure don't.  Never do.  My husband is the most difficult person to buy presents for.  He wants/needs nothing, but somehow he still manages to go to Menard's twice a week and buy stuff, seriously, at some point a man can have too many tools.  How many screwdrivers does one person need because according to my husband, he isn't there yet.  I really shouldn't complain.  I bought a ton of new products from Papertrey Ink this month, including some items that you will see below.  All of these cards are currently for sale in my etsy shop, please go check them out if your in need of a card (or two).


This one pictured above is one of my all time favorites.  I love this card.  I used some clear plastic to make the clouds appear to be floating in thin air.  I showed you this one a few weeks ago as a sneak peak to what I was working on for Valentine's Day.


This card was made utilizing my new alphabet die from PTI.  I just love it.  Classic.  Sometimes the simplest designs are the best ones.  Even though the design is fairly simple, this card is labor intensive, in addition to cutting all those letters out, I had to glue each one on individually.  This card truly says "I love you", get it?  I'm always a joker. 


And remember I told you during my last post that I was going to modify one of my thank you cards to be appropriate for Valentine's Day.  Here is it.  Isn't she a beauty?  This card uses the die on die technique that was really fun to execute.  You can't go wrong with a black, red, and white color scheme.


Last but not least, this card is just so much fun.  Rows and rows of hearts set in a rainbow color scheme.  This would make any friend smile.  This heart die was also a new item I got this month from PTI.  I tried making all the rows with white hearts but it was just too boring for me, so I changed it up and played with color.

Do you like the background of my cards?  Did you notice all the lovely water behind my cards?  That's Lake Michigan and that bench is located at my favorite spot in the whole wide city.  My spot.


I have been living in Milwaukee for 14 years now and this is my favorite spot in the whole city.  I actual thought I would get married here someday.  This is where I go when I need a moment away.  This is where I go when I need to refuel my soul.  This is where I go when the temperature hits almost 60 degrees...in February.....in Wisconsin.  


I was so excited the weather was nice enough this week that I got to sneak away on two different days this week on my lunch break to enjoy the tranquility of this park......with a camera......and my cards.  Yes, I'm a dork, but thanks to this park at least I'm a relaxed dork.  :)

Till next time we meet, find your happy place and sneak away for a while to refuel your soul.  You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment