Thursday, February 9, 2012

Using Pinterest for Inspiration


I just LOVE Pinterest so when today's Papertrey Ink's Contest came out today asking us all to create a card using a photo we found on Pinterest as a starting point, I was all over it.

If you have never used Pinterest, I like to think of it as an updated version of your web browser's "bookmarks" but on steroids.  You save photos of items you like from all over the web directly to Pinterest, so no more remember random sites, photos, or links, Pinterst does all that for you.  I warn you, if you have never used it, it can be a huge time waster, I could easily loss a few hours of my day surfing Pinterest for ideas. 

While surfing Pinterest tonight, I came across these cute fabric coasters and instantly wanted to recreate  them using paper.


This project can be found at Chasing Cottons blog click here.   To recreate this project, I found some left over patterned paper from another project and die cut two leaves and the small circle from PTI's dies.  I also cut out a larger circle from a template and cut out a small straight piece for the flower's stem.  I glued all parts onto a piece of 4x4 cardstock and sewed on all edges.  Once done, I glued it onto a piece of whit card stock measuring 4.25x4.25.


I little different than my normal pieces, right.  It was a lot of fun and a great excuse to break out the sewing machine on a Thursday night.  Surprisingly, the whole project took only one hour (including surfing Pinterest for ideas) from start to finish.

I hope you find your own inspiration out on the world wide web! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment