Sunday, November 27, 2011

Holiday Sneak Peeks


Hi Everyone.  Are you all sick of turkey yet?  I've said it before but I will say it again, I LOVE this time of year.  It was been one productive weekend for this family.  We got the tree up and decorated and surprisingly my son enjoyed helping with the lights and ornaments. 


It is hard to believe but this tree only cost us $15 and it is PERFECT.  There isn't a thing wrong with it.  It is so perfect in fact, that my husband is convinced it will be dead before Christmas (because he can't find anything else wrong with it).  That happened once when I was growing up, our tree died before Christmas came but my mom and dad made the best of it by making a Christmas tree out of strings of lights on our wall.  Christmas wasn't ruined then and it won't be ruined now.  I'm hoping when Santa comes to drop off presents this year that he finds time to patch all those holes in my walls....I have my doubts.


My husband has been working hard this weekend so I rewarded him with some pumpkin cheesecake made in muffin cups. I made up the recipe after I couldn't find one that I liked on the web.  I put a Nilla Waffer on the bottom of each cup and filled them with a cream cheese layer and a pumpkin layer and swirled the layers with a toothpick.  They tasted delicious but a graham cracker crust would have tasted better...or a ginger snap bottom would have been great. 

Of course I found a few minutes (wink) to work on some crafts.  I did a little bit of this and a little bit of that.  I'm working on planning my favorite card class of the year.  The December card class has traditionally become the month where we make small gifts for others.  This year is no exception.  Here are a few sneak peaks of what I have planned for those that attend.



Here is a cute way to gift hot cocoa to someone in your life.  I cut off the top of a clear box and used tacky tape to line it up with ribbon.  I added this die cut snowflake to the outside.  Inside the box you will find fixings for a great cup of cocoa including Starbucks hot chocolate, a bag of marshmallows, and a candy cane.  This makes a simple and inexpensive gift for a teacher, coworker, or friend.



This next sneak peak is a beautiful gift card holder.  I really love this.  I like most things that I make but this item I just really love.  It is so pretty.  I used grey cardstock as the base.  The poinsettia is made with vellum paper.  It is a simple and beautiful way to give way a gift card.


I'm also working on a clay ornament as well but I don't have all the details of this gift worked out yet.  A quick picture of it {in progress} is at the top of this post.

I hope you love my sneak peaks.  I hope you love them so much you will think about checking out my etsy shop: Furloughed Time and possibly buy them because this weekend I got my husband to agree to this crazy idea that I can buy an ipad once I make enough money from my crafts (after accounting for expenses).  He agreed to this because he knows just how much I spend on my crafts each month but for those of you that know me, you know just how stubborn and determined I can be.  This situation is no exception.  I am determined to make this goal in 2012, it will be tough, but I am determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment