Monday, August 31, 2015

Whole30 Wrap Up

finished-the-w30-fb-cover



Yep that's right I finished the Whole30!!! YIPPEE SKIPPY! Here are my before and after pictures.  A part of me is cringing by posting these but jeez, I'm working sooooo hard, I need to do this! 



BEFORE WHOLE30
AFTER 30 DAYS ON WHOLE30
BEFORE WHOLE30
AFTER 30 DAYS ON WHOLE30


Same outfit, same awkward bathroom shots.  Noticeable difference, right? 

Here are my stats: 

Weight: -14.5 lbs
Chest: -3"
belly button: -2.5"
hips: -1
thighs: -1.5"

Amazing.  Near the end I had a lot of ups and downs.  Aches and pains.  I JUST WANTED A CARB!  But I pushed through.  I didn't give in to my temptations.  I kept thinking, this is "only 30 days" and and I can DO ANYTHING for 30 days.  I'm so happy I did this.  It was exactly the push I needed.  I've been trying to lose weight the "right way" and the "healthy way" for several months and I stalled, this pushed the scale in the right direction again and slayed my sugar dragon.  I'm overjoyed that I'm doing this with REAL food, no pills, and no supplements.  The only money invested is my grocery bill (FYI, it was higher than normal).  

I have no doubt that I will struggle and have some stumbles along the way but I now know what will work for me.  When I trip up (which I will), I will re-examine this eating plan and "get real" with my self if/when needed.  I've already committed myself to the 5 lb rule.  I gain 5 lbs, I start another whole30 STAT.  When I'm not on the stricked 30 day food plan, I'll attempt to follow the whole30 rules as much as possible but I'll enjoy my carbs (beer, bread, sugar) a bit.  Perhaps one day I'll give those up all together but TODAY IS NOT THAT DAY! 

I hope I've inspired you to try your own whole30.  You really have nothing to lose, if it doesn't work for you, you'll rest assured knowing you're eating REAL FOOD and nobody is a "loser" when that's the case.  Nobody died from eating too many veggies, right?  Be well everyone! 








No comments:

Post a Comment