Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Nursing Shawl


Do a quick search on google for "nursing covers" and your going to get {in my opinion} these dorky looking covers that do nothing but let everybody know exactly what you are doing; nursing a baby. 


Photo Credit: from craftsy.com
No offense, but I thought the whole point of a nursing cover was to conceal what you are doing. Let's face it, when you are wearing a cover that has loud child-like fabric on it, everyone is going to know you are nursing a little one under there.  Now, it isn't the end of the world that everyone knows your nursing (after all, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out) but I wanted something that was a little less obvious and would at least take a double glance to figure out.

photo credit: Misocraftyknits.com

With my first child, I just used baby blankets.  They work perfectly fine, there really isn't anything wrong with them, except the occasional slippage, otherwise they are cheap and easy.  
Photo credit: thecoterieblog.com

But thanks to pinterest, once I saw this modern nursing shawl on Coterie, I just knew I had to make one for myself..... because I just don't have enough going on right now. Insert large sigh here.  The shawl is simple, effective, and cheap.  Check. Check. Check. Bring it on.
Ignore the stalking cat


Ignore the stalking dog

If you can get past the dorky model (my cat and dog never did), you'll see a cute shawl that only took 20 minutes to create and $12.99 worth of fabric.  Totally worth the little time and effort it took to make! 

If you are thinking about making one yourself, DO IT!  It is super easy, just follow the directions on thecoterieblog.com site.  It was literally one sewing line.  It could not be easier.  The best part, it isn't dorky (just the person wearing it is but I can't fix that).  



No comments:

Post a Comment