Sunday, January 13, 2013

2013 Resolutions


Well welcome 2013!  How is everyone doing on those New Year's resolutions?  Me?  Mine are great!  I skipped them this year.  I figured since I failed so miserable on last year's resolutions, why try this year? 

I guess last year wasn't a complete bust.  I did complete about two of the projects on last year's list: the 364 holes are fixed (except this weekend I found some I missed in my son's closet, but I'm still calling this project done!) and I organized our kitchen cabinets (which truthfully need to be organized again).  I started about three others but haven't finished them yet.

Don't mistake not having any resolutions for not being productive, because we've been busy in this house.   I've been busy nesting and getting much needed help nesting from my Mother in-law (MIL) and my sister.  Even my husband is busy nesting.


With only six weeks to go before our little one arrives my baby bump and hormones are in control of our every move. YES, for once it is NOT the dog!


With a child on the way and no bedroom to put them in yet, his temporary home will be our bedroom, like my husband says, "that's where he was going to be anyway".  That meant I needed to clean out the junk!  This pile of crap crafts is GONE.  Yep, check one off of 2012's resolutions list!


It soon will be the space for the pack-n-play and is now holding three canvas art prints that have been in my possession for over a year but never even taken out of their packaging.  Oh, they're so pretty on my lovely hole free walls.  My room is so clutter free I don't want to leave it.  It is a nice, quiet, clean, sanctuary right now (at least for another six weeks). I even cleaned off my hubby's dresser and found $45 in the process which everyone on facebook agreed is mine to spend on whatever I want :)  Always trust your facebook friends for advice!

    
I organized my bathroom closet.  I forgot to take a "before" picture.  But in all honesty, I probably would have been too embarrassed by the mess to post it!  It hadn't been organized or cleaned out in five years (when my sister did it for me during my last pregnancy).  It is SO nice.  I can actually find stuff and as a bonus, my things don't fall off the shelves when I open the door.


My sister carried boxes and boxes and boxes full of baby stuff down our attic ladder for me and then carried boxes and boxes and boxes back up the attic ladder for storage.  My MIL organized those boxes and put stuff away.  My son can actually see and use some of his toys now (hence how we found those holes, ignore them, I'm convinced they will go away on their own)!


He has clothes hanging in his closet.


And an organized bookshelf.  I really hope we can keep it looking like this.


My MIL also organized, folded, and put away all our baby clothes.  It feels so nice to be a little bit more prepared.  I really owe both my mother in-law and my sister a HUGE THANK YOU! 


Next up is packing this cute new bag with all my hospital necessities but not before.........


I can turn this cute pile of new fabric into a little something for my little something arriving soon!  Stay tuned! 


1 comment:

  1. Please let me know if you need ANYTHING else. I would absolutely love to help you more :))

    ReplyDelete