Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Day


To all you women out there that are lucky enough to call yourself a mom, Happy Mother's Day!  I spent my day relaxing.  No, breakfast was not served in bed for me.  The two boys in this house never make it out of bed before me.  We had a: Nice. Quiet. Simple. Relaxing. Day.  It was really quite perfect.  I got a pair a bowling shoes (we have a summer bowling pass) and a ukelele.  Yeah, sounds a little weird but a uke has been on my wishlist for awhile now.  I played the trumpet for eight years and sang in choir in both high school and college so I'm really missing music in my life.  Now I just need to find someone to teach me how to play the darn thing (it seems a bit more complicated than a trumpet).  At least the dog didn't howl when I attempted to play the ukelele today.  Every time I whip out the trumpet (not often) he howls like the world is coming to an end.  I'd be insulted except he does the same thing when the phone rings and I know that isn't out of pitch.

 
I did find time to make myself a couple gifts today.  The first one was with the help of my four year old.  We made a cute little thumb print heart key chain.  Please don't think I'm a genius because I'm not.  I totally got the idea from centsationalgirl.  This is made from polymer clay.  You might remember a few months ago when I made some cute holiday ornaments with it.  My son loves helping with this stuff.  As you can see, I added his initials and the year to mine.  LOVE IT. 


My husband was also nice enough to entertain my son for a few hours while I taught myself how to sew a dart.  After learning my new skill, I promptly made four in my sweet new summer purse.


 I can't tell you how much I love my new purse.  It makes me smile big when I see it.  It is so stinkin' cute and I made it! I found the pattern at verypurpleperson for free!  The only modifications I made were adding an interior pocket and making my handles approximately 2 inches longer (SO glad I did that).


When I come back, I'll show you what I gifted the two moms in my life (can't show you till they receive it).  Here is a sneak peak:


 Till then, find something you enjoy and DO IT!  :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment