Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cheers to Four Years!

Dear Johnathan-

Happy 4th birthday, chicken nugget.  It is so hard to believe that you are four years old today.  Wow, time really does fly.  I tried not to listen to all those people that told me to "enjoy every moment, it all goes by so fast". I didn't listen because it all sounded so cliche but between you and me, it is so true.  These past four years have just whizzed right by.   I still remember the day you were born like it was just yesterday. 


You are this sweet little mamma's boy and you're not embarrassed to say, "I love you mommy" or give me a kiss and hug for no reason other than to show me you love me.  Secretly I hope you never grow out of this stage, although I'm quite certain you will.  Your favorite song, "You Are My Sunshine", is the same song I sang to you when I was pregnant with you.  When it is just the two of us, you request me to sing this to you over and over again and it never grows old.


Your favorite things right now:  superheros, vanilla ice cream with sprinkles, your computer, and the color yellow.  You request doughnuts often (and get them rarely), you play hide and seek by just standing still and yelling "boo" (instead of actually hiding), and your favorite days are Saturdays and Sundays (because you get to "stay home all day" with mommy and daddy).

You really are the cutest thing ever (and I'm not just saying that because I'm your mommy).  You love to say, "that so silly" and "doh", just like Homer Simpson (I wonder if that reference will stick by the time you are old enough to stumble upon this).  Just yesterday in the grocery store you turned to one of the stockers and said, "Good morning to you, to you, to you", I think you made his day.


 You attract grown women like a magnet everywhere you go and for that reason, daddy likes taking you places.  You especially like taking trips to Menards with him, not because of the ladies, but because they have a playground area.  You like playing pretend and I like listening to your imagination at work.  You talk about your favorite buds, Katie and Keller, often, despite the fact that you started a new school three months ago and you don't get to see them on a daily basis anymore. You're growing up fast and I can't stop it, believe me, I tried.  You like to remind me by saying, "I'm not a baby, right?".  I like to answer you by saying, "your still momma's baby" but you like to use that against me when it comes time to get your shoes on.  All you have to do is bat those cute little eyes at me and I cave in every time.

Happy Birthday bud, may there be many many many more!

Love,
Momma
3/25/12






No comments:

Post a Comment