Saturday, May 21, 2011

Throwing a Party in Style


Last summer I co-hosted a baby shower for one of my friends with two other ladies. Since the mom and dad are outdoorsy kind of people, we did this cute little woodsy animal theme. Here is the inside of the invite (my husband removed the "party details" with Photoshop).


I was seeing these cute little felted acorns all over etsy and I really thought I could make them myself so I did. I just love them.  They are so cute.  If you're a visual learner, there is a great how-to video available on youtube for this project.  The hardest part was finding acorn caps in the middle of summer (finally I gave up my forest search and just bought the caps on etsy!).  I made several dozen of these little babies during my lunch breaks.  They are super easy and super cute.


My husband was nice enough to cut up several dozen of these tree trunk pieces for me.  I was very particular on the trunk I wanted, it needed just the right amount of moss growing on it (I commend him for keeping his patience with me).  He made a slit on the top of them so we could use them to hold up place cards (saw a very similar picture online one day).


One of the ladies gathered the wildflowers from her backyard and placed them in a vase.


 

The decorations were simple and classy, just like the soon to be mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment