Monday, November 11, 2013

Santa's On His Way

Well folks, it happened. Here in Milwaukee we saw our first snowflakes of the year today. Ugh. It is only mid-November. While I'm not a big fan of snow, it is pretty unavoidable around these parts so it only seems fitting to embrace it and post my first Christmas cards for this holiday season. Yeah, that's right, be in denial if you would like but the big man is on his way!
I spent what little free time I had this weekend crafting cards for my November card class. Each card design would normally take me one-two hours each but with an active 8 month old (and a sassy 5 year old), each card takes an eternity. Of course, I keep doing it because I love it....it just takes a bit longer these days!
This first card is perfect for all you out there just as busy as myself. This card takes 5 minutes flat to make and shows of your favorite photo at the same time. I. Love. It. Just glue your favorite 4x6 photo onto card stock and BAM you got yourself a card!
The joy sentiments is from PTI's One Liners die collection. You could also choose the words peace or love. Hey, go crazy, and use all three. I cut it from some sparkly red card stock to make it extra festive.
I made this one as a postcard but it can easily be made into an A2 card if that is more your thing. Either way, everyone will love your holiday card that took you no time to make.


This pretty poinsettia card pairs my favorite holiday colors together: red, white, and grey. A pretty little jewel finishes the flower. Don't stress the Doily die, I just left all the negative pieces on and it still looks great, feel free to punch them out if your are obsessive!
I'm so happy bakery's twine is still trendy....it is a staple in my craft room.
Oh, and my favorite card, Merry & Bright. So simple but so fantastically festive.
I am going to be using this confetti garland die from PTI over and over again this holiday season.
This peace and love card takes advantage of the ever so popular chevron pattern. The two tone green really makes a subtle pop and lays the foundation for a classic card.
I used gold embossing powder on the acorns to give this card even more wow.
And last (but not least), this collage card is cute, cute, cute. I love the colors! This is digital paper that I bought on Etsy. I have plans to use this for a holiday candy recipe book (someday when the kids are out of my house) but in the mean time it is being used in this lovely card.

Well, that's all for now. I'm exhausted and Christmas is still a good six weeks away!


No comments:

Post a Comment