Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sweets and Treats


Halloween is just around the corner, are you ready?  My son sure is with his cape and batmobile.


He's not actually wearing this for Halloween but I couldn't resist taking some pictures when I saw the neighbors pull their car out of the garage (thanks D&D).

I love Halloween, it is such a fun time of year.  I love this time of year in general.  The weather is perfect. The leaves are changing. Everyone is gearing up for all the upcoming holidays.  October is also one of my favorite card classes to create.

 
First up is a cute little light up home decor item.  This project is easy.  I used Papertry Ink (PTI) dies that match the stamp set Halloween Treats & Sweets.  I used colored velum for the moon and bat wings.  I put a battery operated tea light candle in the inside (don't use a real one!). Quick and easy project that you can take to your office.   


Next up are these cute little Ghiradelli Chocolate holders.  I read a lot of blogs and sometimes I find projects that are so perfect that I can't think of anything that would improve upon the original design.  These were one of those types of projects.  For these I didn't stray too far from the original design by Nicole Heady.  So stinking cute, right?

 
Here is a cute spider made with another die that goes with PTI's Treats & Sweets.  The spider's body is made using circles folded in half and glued together.  The spider's web is made with plain white sewing thread.  The orange paper is embossed with a cuttlebug folder.


A cool black cat treat holder, tail and all.  The whiskers are all bent out of shape because my real cats kept eating them.  Be cool kitties, no new cats are walking on your turf.  This project will need to find a new home fast.  :)


Here are a couple other simple ways to hold your holiday treats using a small paper bag and another PTI die.  I used a piece of clear plastic on the inside of the pumpkin face so none of the treats would fall out (a great way to use the plastic sheets that the PTI stamps come on, I never throw those out).   


Have you noticed how mustaches are everywhere?  Super trendy.  People are wearing them on their clothes and jewelry.  Well I wanted to jump on that bandwagon, so here is my take (thank you pinterest).  Sucker stache.  A costume and treat all in one. Just find your favorite PDF of a mustache on the web, I used this one from The Inspired Bride.  Cut out on yellow, brown, and black cardstock and use a marker to create "hair".  Hole punch a small hole near the bottom and stick a sucker inside.  Super easy, super cute, and super trendy.


 Now this last item, a monster bookmark (again, thank you pinterst, I LOVE this site).   Cute, right?  Not my idea but I was happy to make my version of the original one that I found at Blogs.babble.

 See you soon, I'll be back with a blog all about homemade Halloween costumes.  Until then, HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!


No comments:

Post a Comment