Sunday, April 17, 2011

WHOLE Lemon, WHOLE day.


I had a special friend over for tea today.  It was exactly what I needed.  I have been looking for an excuse to make some new recipes and an afternoon tea party fit that need.

Here is what was on the menu:

Bruschetta with three different toppings: 
Artichoke Dip with Chives
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes w/ ricotta cheese, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar 
Ricotta cheese w/ apple slices, apple honey butter, drizzled honey, and walnuts

 
Look at all those beautiful chives.  They came from my garden and are the first batch used this year.  Chives make me so happy.

For Dessert:
Simple Lemon Cake with apple honey butter and strawberries


I had my doubts about that cake.  It required using the WHOLE lemon! Yeah, the whole thing!  Not just the juice or the zest but the WHOLE thing!  I thought for sure it was going to taste bitter but it was delicious.

After our tea party, we headed out to do some antique shopping.  That was a lot of fun too.  Unfortunately, we didn't have nearly as much time as we hoped at the antique shops.  Time goes by so fast when we are together, I guess that is one sign of a really great friendship.

We agreed to get breakfast next time so we could spend the WHOLE day antique shopping.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful day Ericka! :))) Hope we get together again :)

    ReplyDelete