Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Where do you find the time?



A lot of people ask me, "Where do you find the time?".  Honestly, I'm not always sure but for starters, I don't watch a lot of television.  The few shows that I do watch are recorded on our DVR (that my husband built, we don't have cable).  I can't tell you the last time I saw a commercial.  On the same note, I don't watch a lot of movies, well, at least nothing past Toy Story 1, 2, and 3.  My son watches those over and over again which means mommy and daddy watch them over and over again.   The last movie I saw in the theater was Avatar and the movie before that was Knocked Up (and I was errrrr..... knocked up), my son is now three!

I did make a little small dent in organizing this weekend.  It was really out of frustration that it even happened.  I had lost/misplaced a small butterfly die that I use a lot and I ripped the house apart looking for it.  After about three hours of searching, I found it stuck to the bottom of a stamp (aughghghghg), but looking at the bright side of this story, my dies now look like this:


Those are magnetic sheets bought from office depot.  They are meant to be run through your printer but I just tacked them up on the closet door for die storage.  They come in a pack of five.  I bought a cheap plastic picture frame from Target and will be sticking the metal sheet to the frame for portable die storage (like when I hold classes at my house).  My bigger dies will still be stored in small box but this system is perfect for all the small ones.  Plus, I have another closet door that is just screaming to have metal sheets on it.....I guess I'll have to buy more dies! :)

Back to the original purpose of this post.  I save time by not cleaning my house as much or as often as I would like.  Don't believe me?  Here's proof:


Can you spot my cat in that mess?  It's like a bad game of "where's Waldo" or in this case, where's Mies.  The bed is not made (rarely is), my hubby's clothes are scattered on the end of the bed (always are), my clothes are on the arm of the chair (almost always are), the remains of my last card class are stacked on my dresser (they are there more than they are in their closet), and my son's Ernie is chillin' by the window (he usually is).  I RARELY find the time to clean up these messes!  It's all in priorities people and this mess certainly isn't one of them for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment