Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas


Merry Christmas and happy holidays from our family to yours.  Just a quick post today to show you our Christmas card for 2014.  I don't know about you but I love getting everyone's Christmas cards in the mail especially those that are handmade or have family photos on them.  They are all so lovely.  I love watching everyone's family grow from year to year.  I keep the good ones in my Christmas card box to look at each year.


I also love making our Christmas card, it's something that I look forward to every year.  And while it can take some time to create, it's something that's important to me.  With a newborn at home I knew this year's card needed to be quick, easy, and simple.


Thanks to my friend Jesse's mad photography skills, that was easy to achieve with this card.  I knew I wanted this photo of my three boys to be the star of the show.


I printed the photo out in black-and-white, cut it to size, and added a simple stamped greeting on the bottom.  Despite it being quick and simple, it is still beautiful, right?  Of course it is with those three boys on it! I wanted to show you that during this busy holiday season, if you keep it simple, you can get handmade cards out to all your loved ones with just a bit of planning and a couple spare hours.


I fit this in while the kids were napping over the course of a few days (I used to sit down and make them all in one day,but I don't have that much free time in one day any more).  I addressed some and postal stamped all envelopes while the kids were napping in the minivan, which I love (BOTH the minivan and the kids actually napping!).


The interior of the card was kept simple too.  I typed up a couple quick sentences about each of us and what this past year has brought to us and glued it to the inside.

The most time-consuming part of this card was writing all five of our names on the bottom before
sending them out to all our family and friends.


Well I'm sure this is my last post for the year so have yourself a happy holiday and see you in the new year.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment