Saturday, January 25, 2014

PTI January 2014 Blog Hop


It's a blog hop day!  I love when the blog hop falls on a Saturday!  This month's challenge was a fun one.

See the full post and photo credit's here.

While my little one takes his morning nap, I quickly put a card together using new stamps and dies I bought this month from Papertrey Ink.


I was just itching to use those new feather dies and stamps I just got in the mail (after all they will be the reason I fail my "No Spend" challenge).   I die cut three different sized feathers and stamped them in three different shades of pink (all stampin' up ink pads:  blushing bride, rose red, melon mambo) and  I layered them on PTI's stone card stock (my favorite color, I use it ALL the time).  


I added some spray on glitter to the card stock (I found mine a Joann's).  This close up gets you a nice glimpse at the pretty shimmer.    


I also added some sequins.  I've been trying to glue these sequins on for months now and I just wasn't happy with the results.  I was starting to wonder why the little sequins are such a hot trend right now.......  then I had a light bulb moment today.......GLUE DOTS!  Duh!  Sometimes I'm a real dummy!  That took me an embarrassing long amount of time to figure out.  Now I get it.  These little babies are fun.


I love the final product, so pretty, so feminine, so soft, so cute!  I hope you enjoyed!  I can't wait to see what everyone else came up with this month.



4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love those feathers and that shimmery background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Those feathers look so light and airy, and the shimmer is the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, pretty! I think these feathers were a good reason to break your "no spend" plan!

    ReplyDelete